Prospective Undergraduate Students
The School of Labor and Employment Relations offers B.S. and B.A. majors in Labor and Employment Relations. LER majors learn about all aspects of work and the employment relationship, including:
- the best strategies for recruiting and hiring a productive workforce
- the laws that protect employees in the workplace
- effective human resource practices and policies
- the challenge of balancing work and family pressures
- the impact of globalization on work and the workforce
- the psychology of work and workers
- the roles unions and collective bargaining play in the workplace
- the importance of having a diverse workforce
- effective methods for resolving conflicts in the workplace
- the rise of new technologies and ways of organizing work.
LER graduates have great success when they enter the job market. The number of professional job openings in the field of human resource management and employment relations is expected to increase significantly in the next ten to twenty years. One of the best things about being an LER major is that it prepares you for a wide range of careers. Many of our students work as human resource and/or employment relations managers with companies. However, our students also find jobs with unions, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
We welcome you to browse our website or contact our academic advisor, Katelyn Perry, for more information on the major.
Choose From A Number Of Undergraduate Options
The School of Labor and Employment Relations has a number of degree opportunities for undergrads. Both University Park and World Campus students can choose to pursue either a BA or a BS in Labor and Employment Relations (LER). Details of each degree program are available on this website. World Campus students also have the option of pursing fully online BA or BS degrees in Organizational Leadership. The School also offers a great opportunity for our stronger students to pursue both a BS in LER and a MS in Human Resources and Employment Relations (HRER) in an accelerated five-year, full-time Integrated Undergraduate/Graduate (IUG) program. Online students enrolled in the World Campus also have the option of pursuing the accelerated IUG program.
BA/BS in Labor and Employment Relations
BA/BS in Organizational Leadership
Online Undergraduate Certificate
5 year BS in LER / MS in HRER Integrated Undergraduate/Graduate degree for University Park students
Accelerated BS in LER / MPS in HRER Integrated Undergraduate/Graduate degree for World Campus Students.