Human Resources Manager (Eataly)
Apr 11, 2017 10:30 AM
May 11, 2017 10:30 AM
|Where||Los Angeles, CA|
|Add deadline to calendar||
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for guiding and managing the overall Human Resources services and programs of Eataly in order to provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture and maintain the development of a superior workforce. Assists with coordinating the implementation of Eataly policies and procedures and ensuring said policies are in keeping with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Takes the necessary steps to always meet Eataly’s targets, mission and policies regarding the entire employee life cycle, including recruiting, hiring, payroll and benefits administration and termination. Manages Human Resources staff and ensures they are fully versed on all related Human Resources rules and regulations as well as Eataly goals. Will also document, investigate and resolve any and all related employee incidents and directs escalated issues to the appropriate outlet.
As an ambassador of Eataly, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality and healthy experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities)
1. Manages the Human Resources programs, policies and procedures of Eataly.
2. Documents, investigates and resolves any employee incidents and directs escalated issues to the appropriate outlet.
3. Guides and advises Eataly managers and appropriate staff as to related employee and store incidents.
4. Ensures Eataly’s policies and procedures are in line with federal, state and local laws and regulations and takes the necessary steps to ensure compliance.
5. Assists with the entire employee life cycle process, including, but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, training, payroll and benefits administration and termination.
6. Oversees the maintenance of a documented paper and electronic filing system of employees, policies and procedures.
7. Ensures supplies and merchandise are ordered as needed for the department including proper signage, filing materials, etc.
8. Directs assignment, training, motivation and termination of Human Resources staff.
9. Schedules and submits payroll for all staff in the department.
10. Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
At least 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in Human Resources or Employee Relations required. Experience as a Human Resources Manager for a major company or division of a large corporation preferred. Must have strong leadership skills and high ethical standards, and must project an appropriate professional image at all times. Must be an effective educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor in nurturing staff growth.
A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field is required. A Master’s Degree or professional certification in Human Resources is preferred. Specific training and knowledge of labor laws and regulations is required.
Primarily in an office environment, but will be expected to be mobile and travel as needed to conduct due diligence.
Ability to lead and manage Human Resources team. Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels, including hourly, salaried and corporate staff.
Tools or Equipment Used
Computer and paper and electronic filing systems. Knowledge of payroll processing and Paylocity strongly preferred.
Reports to the Director of Human Resources.