Human Resources Manager (American Woodmark Corp)
Apr 20, 2017 11:45 AM
May 20, 2017 11:45 AM
|Add deadline to calendar||
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Overall coordination of Human Resources, Safety/Compliance, and Training/Development functions to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
- Overall coordination of all recruiting activities; salary and hourly.
- Provides counseling and resource assistance in the areas of policy, benefits, salary administration, training/development, performance issues.
- Monitor and coordinate all local/state governmental and regulatory compliance activities.
- Represents the company in all employment related claims; including EEOC, DOL, NLRB, OSHA, and WC.
- Maintains accurate and complete employee files and other HR related information for salary and hourly employees.
- Plan and coordinate department’s activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers expectations.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of the Goal Setting and Performance Appraisal policy for salaried and hourly personnel.
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
- Participates in local wage and benefits surveys to insure competitiveness.
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
- Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
- Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
- Represents Company in community relations activities.
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Benefits administration
- Compensation / Performance Management
- Polices / legal compliance
- Salaried & hourly recruiting
- Training and communications
- Human relations
- HRIS / record keeping
- Union Avoidance/Labor Relations
- OSHA & EPA compliance
- Worker’s Compensation & other insurance related issues
- Local, state and federal compliance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education; PHR certification or Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years Human Resource management experience; manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
- Must have experience in developing and administering Human Resource programs including but not limited to recruiting, benefits, compensation, safety, and training.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-Access-PowerPoint.
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
- Job Location
- Humboldt, Tennessee, United States
- Position Type