HR Coordinator (Ferrara Candy Company)
Feb 23, 2017 10:45 AM
Mar 23, 2017 10:45 AM
|Add deadline to calendar||
Ferrara Candy Company is a leading American manufacturer of non-chocolate confectionery, including gummies, chews and hard candy, with US $1 billion in annual sales in 2016. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, the company is privately owned by Catterton Partners. Ferrara's brand portfolio includes more than 15 brands, including Lemonheads, Trolli and the first USDA certified Black Forest Organic. The company also produces private label confections.
Ferrara Pan Candy Company began as a Chicago bakery in 1908. Once candy sales became greater than baked goods, the family began producing a variety of panned candies. In 2012, it merged with Farley & Sather's Candies to form Ferrara Candy Company. The company employs approximately 2700 employees and operates manufacturing plants in the US and Mexico.
The human resources coordinator provides support to the human resources team at our corporate headquarters. This role provides administrative support in all areas of human resources including new hire orientation, performance management, payroll, HRIS entry, training and development and recruiting activities. The HR Coordinator is a hands-on position that plays a critical role in the effectiveness of the HR function.
- Administers HR policies and procedures.
- Verifies weekly payroll and time keeping for the non-exempt population.
- Assists with preparation of performance review process and annual merit reviews.
- Assists talent acquisition with the interview process by scheduling interviews, new employee background checks and drug screens.
- Supports the talent manager with training and development program coordination.
- Assists with processing of new hires and terminations.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current.
- Completes verifications of employment requests.
- Manages changes to the HR systems for the team.
- Manages standard and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Files documents into appropriate employee’s files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains employee personnel files and other departmental files in a neat, organized and secure and confidential manner.
- Leads by example in demonstrating the Company’s operating principles.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, GMP and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support Ferrara Candy Company business objectives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Highly detail oriented, with excellent follow-through
- Superior project management and customer service skills
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Technical comprehensive understanding of MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Exceptional problem-solving and time management skills
- Collaboration and team work
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- SHRM certification a plus
Relocation is not provided.