Welcome to LER!
For over 70 years, the mission of the School of Labor & Employment Relations has been to make workplaces better through teaching, research, and outreach.
From its beginnings as an extension program with a small, part-time staff of adult education specialists, the program has grown to an internationally recognized academic department with twenty full-time faculty, six staff, 200 residential majors, 40 residential grad students, and over 1,700 part-time online students. The department has more than 2,500 alumni working in a range of capacities for labor unions, national and multinational corporations, small businesses, government, and non-profits. Its Alumni Program Board was the first such group organized in the College of the Liberal Arts and has remained a leader among departmental alumni groups at Penn State.
- Upcoming Events
- Oct 14, 2014 | 10:30 AM Undergraduate Late Drop
- Oct 14, 2014 | 10:30 AM Declaring Your Minor (graduating seniors)
- Oct 14, 2014 | 10:55 AM Final Day to Withdrawl for the Semester
- Oct 23, 2014 | 12:00 PM Brown Bag Lunch Speaker Series: "Exporting the German Labor Relations Model? Reflections on the VW Chattanooga Case." Dr. Michael Fichter Global Labour University, Berlin
- Nov 13, 2014 | 07:30 PM Outstanding Alumni Lecture
- Video Spotlight
Learn more about the LER major and the many career options available in human resources, law, government, and the labor movement!