Welcome to LER!
For over 70 years, the mission of the School of Labor & Employment Relations has been to make workplaces better through teaching, research, and outreach.
From its beginnings as an extension program with a small, part-time staff of adult education specialists, the program has grown to an internationally recognized academic department with twenty-four full-time faculty, seven staff, 225 residential majors, 40 residential grad students, and over 1,700 part-time online students. The department also has more than 3,500 alumni working in a range of capacities for national and multinational corporations, small businesses, labor unions, government, and non-profits. Its Alumni Program Board was the first such group organized in the College of the Liberal Arts and has remained a leader among departmental alumni groups at Penn State.
- Upcoming Events
- Dec 04, 2015 | 01:30 PM School of LER Speaker Series Welcomes:Prof. Matthew Bidwell, Wharton School, U. of Pennsylvania
- Dec 14, 2015 | 12:00 PM Fall 2015- Final Exams
- Dec 19, 2015 | 12:00 PM Fall 2015- Commencement
- Jan 11, 2016 | 12:00 PM 1st Day of Classes - Spring 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 | 12:00 PM Martin Luther King Day- No Classes
- Video Spotlight
Learn more about the LER major and the many career options available in human resources, law, government, and the labor movement!