Welcome to LER!
For over 70 years, the mission of the School of Labor & Employment Relations has been to make workplaces better through teaching, research, outreach, and service.
From its beginnings as an extension program with a small, part-time staff of adult education specialists, the program has grown to an internationally recognized academic department with twenty-four full-time faculty, seven staff, 225 residential majors, 40 residential grad students, and over 1,700 part-time online students. The department also has more than 3,500 alumni working in a range of capacities for national and multinational corporations, small businesses, labor unions, government, and non-profits. Its Alumni Program Board was the first such group organized in the College of the Liberal Arts and has remained a leader among departmental alumni groups at Penn State.
- Upcoming Events
- Feb 16, 2017 | 03:40 PM Alumni-Student Mixer
- Feb 16, 2017 | 04:15 PM LER Graduation Reception
- Feb 16, 2017 | 04:20 PM APG Alumni Board Meeting
- Feb 24, 2017 | 01:55 PM Speaker, Prof. Shuming Zhao
- Mar 28, 2017 | 09:30 AM 26th Annual Philip Murray Lecture, Mary Kay Henry, International President, SEIU
- Video Spotlight
Learn more about the LER major and the many career options available in human resources, law, government, and the labor movement!