Welcome to LER!
For over 70 years, the mission of the School of Labor & Employment Relations has been to make workplaces better through teaching, research, and outreach.
From its beginnings as an extension program with a small, part-time staff of adult education specialists, the program has grown to an internationally recognized academic department with twenty-four full-time faculty, seven staff, 225 residential majors, 40 residential grad students, and over 1,700 part-time online students. The department also has more than 3,500 alumni working in a range of capacities for national and multinational corporations, small businesses, labor unions, government, and non-profits. Its Alumni Program Board was the first such group organized in the College of the Liberal Arts and has remained a leader among departmental alumni groups at Penn State.
- Upcoming Events
- Oct 09, 2015 | 08:00 AM Fall 2015- APG Alumni Board Meeting (all are welcome to attend)
- Oct 10, 2015 | 09:00 AM Fall 2015- Alumni Tailgate
- Oct 16, 2015 | 04:05 PM School of LER Speaker Series Welcomes: Prof Howard Klein, Professor of Management and Human Resources
- Nov 22, 2015 | 12:00 PM Thanksgiving Holiday- No Classes
- Dec 14, 2015 | 12:00 PM Fall 2015- Final Exams
- Video Spotlight
Learn more about the LER major and the many career options available in human resources, law, government, and the labor movement!